Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Note of Thanks and Support


A Note of Thanks and Support
 
During the past weeks my colleagues and I forged a collaborative learning community; we shared information and insights with each other, and supported each other. As I prepare to move on, I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge how my colleagues have supported me, and how I have supported them.
I must admit prior to taking this course, I thought I knew exactly the way the course would play out since I took other courses here at Walden University. However, I was wrong and for the first time, I was proud to be wrong. This course was more interactive than what I had anticipated…I have to say blogging played a huge role in my interacting with my peers.
In addition, I had an opportunity to learn more about my classmates which made it more personal. For example, we learned of each other’s zip codes and we were able to find out some interesting facts about the places we lived. We also shared why we wanted to attend Walden University and how in our own ways are bring new ideas to educating today’s youth and their families. With that said, I felt as if I began to get to know my classmates on an academic and social level as well. As a result of this interaction, I found that several of my classmates would personally e-mail me if they had a question , concern, or simply let me know if I submitted something in the wrong area  so I wouldn’t get points taken off  for an assignment (Thanks Elizabeth J). And I had other classmates whom showed support in other ways. For example, Some would simply say I look forward to your discussion post because they are so insightful, or either someone would give insight on a topic  by making comments that made me think about a subject in a totally different manner. But I always tried to support my classmates by posting comments that were thought provoking, or simply sharing my experiences to motivate someone else to continue furthering their education as a single parent regardless of their age and or circumstance.

I feel as if we all showed support of each other by sharing resources, pictures of our special loved ones, and intimate thoughts about losing loved ones shortly after graduating college, or enjoying silly poses in wedding pictures . I found these ideals and moments to be priceless and I am thankful that my classmates shared these moments with me and I was able to share myself with everyone in the class as well. Everyone has truly motivated to continue to be an advocate for children and I wish everyone success professionally, personally, and academically.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AND BEST WISHES TO ALL!!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog was an inspiration to me during the duration of this class. It has been a pleasure learning more about you. I pray that you continue following your dreams personally and professionally.

    ReplyDelete